provide High Quality, High Value, Responsive, Professional Consultation
Services, Research, Certification and Educational programs in
Scheduling, Staffing and Workforce Management Information.
The Labor Management Institute was originally founded as Lawrenz Consulting in 1981, and transformed to the Labor Management Institute in 2003.
What Labor Management Does:
- Works with clients to analyze operations, formulate financial and workforce management goals, procedures for increasing productivity and cost reductions with strategies for implementation.
- Consults on the development of infrastructure for delivery of staffing resources to patient care areas for centralized and decentralized departments.
- Designs and implements comprehensive staffing management plans, which result in a reduction of premium labor dollars and department costs.
- Teaches and demonstrates effective use of automated scheduling and staffing systems, to improve efficiency, accuracy, and provide a foundation for return on investment.
- Provides educational programs for budgeting, scheduling, daily staffing, management information reporting, supplemental pool design and technology reviews for automation.
Our consulting expertise has helped hundreds of organizations to find innovative solutions that balance workforce performance within the workplace environment.
Labor Management Institute publishes Perspectives on Staffing & Scheduling© (PSS) the only newsletter in North America that deals specifically with the staffing and scheduling needs facing hospitals and healthcare organizations.
Labor Management Institute publishes (PSS) Annual Survey of Hours Report© a national benchmark for hospitals now in its 26th year that compares direct, indirect and total worked hours of care by hospital and unit type.